Monday, February 05, 2007

Back update!

I went to the surgeon today. He says that I have degenerative disk disease and arthritis. Doesn't appear severe enough for surgery at this time (whew!). He does recommend I do steroid injections. So on Thursday, I will be getting a nerve conduction test (I should probably shave my legs for that) and my first injections. Apparently I will be getting two injections. One will be an epidural injection and the other a facet injection. They also give you a 'mild sedative' so I'm not allowed to drive myself home. I think Colleen is taking me for this week's injection. However, I did learn at work today that the 'mild sedative' is Valium. Sorry, but I don't consider that mild. No wonder they won't let me drive. Jeesh. Until Thursday...that is your back update!

1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home