Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Leaving Las Vegas

For those not in the know, I went to Vegas this weekend. It was Bryan and Sarah's 5 year anniversary. Attending the party was: Bryan's dad and his fiancee, Bryan's sister and her boyfriend, Sarah's parents, Alan and I, Will and Carrie, Colleen, Jeff and Diane, Bryan's friend from high school and his girlfriend, and Jeff and Paige.
Here's a quick synopsis of the Vegas trip:

Friday- Went to work early, left a little early. Ran home to finish sewing the purse I made and change clothes. Get to the airport and see one of Bryan's bosses and other Fresno Bee people that were going to Vegas for a convention. They leave at 5:00 for their 2:40 flight. Our plane also gets delayed, but for only 30 minutes or so. Apparently there was bad weather in Salt Lake City.

We get to Vegas, meet up with Alan and get food. We meet up with the 'crew' and start at the bar. We sit at the bar and get no service for a very long time. The strung out bartender is rude to us. She gets our drinks and Alan and I play video poker. Alan doesn't really know how to play poker but wins $400. I know how to play poker (even if not well, but have the general idea) and lose $20.00. We end up getting some late night food and go to bed.

Saturday- We get up late and head to breakfast/lunch with Jeff, Paige, Colleen, Will, and Carrie at the Barbary Coast. We head for shopping with Will and Carrie and Alan and I buy watches at the Fossil store. Yard tall margaritas ensue when we meet up with Paige and Jeff. Will, Carrie, Alan, and I head to Caesar's Palace for some more loss of money. Then we take a nap.

After the nap we head to the buffet with the whole group. It was mighty tasty and I went to town. After dinner we head downtown on the bus to Fremont Street. We buy yard tall vodka drinks and head to the Golden Nugget. Alan and I lose at some slots before I sit down at a blackjack table. I break even after being up $80. We meet up with everyone before heading back to the strip on the bus. Much singing occurs on the ride back, as well as: phone calls to friends, cell phone breaking, and bantering with the busdriver. We arrive at the Flamingo for more late night food and Alan and I crash while a few people go to the hot tub.

Sunday- Too tired to go to the buffet, Alan, Colleen, and I skip out and check out late. We grab a 'quick' meal at the restaurant and meet up with James (my friend from school that lives in North Las Vegas). We hang with him before catching a cab to the airport. Colleen and I volunteer to give up our seats on our 4:30 United flight for free tickets and a spot on Bryan and Sarah's midnight US airways flight. We sit in the airport from 2:30PM until 11:30PM. We wait as Alan, Will, Carrie, Paige, and Jeff all leave. We wander around as Alan, Jeff, Paige, Will, and Carrie call to say they are home. We stroll through the D gates. We go through security twice. We wander through gates A and B looking for food. Sarah and Bryan come around about 9:30. We compare stories from the weekend and get on the plane. We land in Fresno about 1 AM. My luggage is no where in site and I have to fill out a lost luggage slip at 2 AM (after almost an hour of trying to get help). I'm not happy and tired. Go home and go to sleep.

Monday- Sarah, Colleen, and I show up to work at 11:45 after running to Rite Aid to get me deordorant. I have no hairbrush, makeup, hair gel, leave-in conditioner. My hair is in a stubby ponytail and I'm tired. Sarah and I were 2 hours later than we planned on. The airport calls and they have my luggage. Sarah and I drop by the airport on the way home.

So the trip was fun, but I won't be going back for awhile. I need a break. Pics to follow soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home