Saturday, January 19, 2008

Some grad school drama

So when I started this program in June, all of us sat down and started filling out the paperwork that would be needed to graduate. Our program advisors made copies for herself, and sent the originals up to the Associate Dean's office. When this quarter started, I had to apply for graduation and fill out an application for 'advancement to candidacy.' I filled out my advancement to candidacy and turned it on the first day of school January 3rd. The next week I filled out my graduation application and paid the fee. About the time I filled out the graduation application, I got a letter saying that the Assoc. Dean needed a copy of my program because they didn't have it. In other words the lost it. I called my program advisor, and she turned in another copy. This past week on Thursday I get a phone call. An approximate transcript of our call:

Jill: Hi Amanda I have your application for graduation here and I'm missing your advancement to candidacy

Me: I turned that in 2 weeks ago.

Jill: I don't have it. It's funny because I got your program yesterday, your graduation application a week ago, and don't have your advancement to candidacy yet.

Me: (not thinking that situation is funny) I did turn the program in when I signed it.

Jill: Yeah I see you signed it in June. Are you sure you turned your advancement to candidacy form here?

Me: Yes

Jill: Let me make sure I don't have it. Hold on....Yeah I don't have it. You need to turn that in to me as soon as you can.

Me: (I did turn it in you moron!) I won't be on campus until next Thursday is that ok?

Jill: Yeah that's fine. I'll start processing your graduation application, but I really need that form.

Me: OK, I'll get it to you on Thursday. (Although I don't see what the point is, you are just going to lose that one too!!)

Idiots!! And if it was just me that this was happening to, then yeah we could say it's a fluke. But my classmate Jessica is having the same problem. I have little patience for incompentence usually, but with my school caseload now there is zero tolerance. I wanted to climb through the phone and ring her neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home