Monday, December 04, 2006

Anniversary weekend

So it hasn't been quite a year, but I refuse to share anniversary with Xmas. I came down to LA for a long weekend and anniversary festivities. Friday night Colleen and Sarah were here on there way to the San Diego area (La Hoya to be exact). We had an yummy dinner at our Indian restaurant, then pretty much went to bed

Saturday morning was yard saling and breakfast with the girls. They left for La Hoya and Alan and I went for a hike in a state park nearby. It was interesting hiking in 'wilderness' in the middle of a city. I'm slowly adjusting to reaching a peak of somewhere and seeing skyscrapers rather than waterfalls and mountains. Still disappointing, but at least I'm in some kind of nature. Besides, we keep finding places where we can go spend the day without fighting traffic and rude people. My back has been paining me since Wednesday. It had been doing pretty good the last couple weeks. The hike irritated it, so Saturday night when Alan had his show and we stayed for the Jam, that was too much sitting. Saturday night included muscle relaxants and TENS.

Sunday morning was better. We did our normal Sunday morning ritual of wake up before 8, but fall back to sleep until 11. At 11 we thought we had better get up and see what time to Lion King was. We had bought tickets weeks ago to celebrate our anniversary. We putz around and at 11:30 I sat down to print the tickets off email. Had some difficulties. When I finally got Acrobat to read them, I saw the show was at 1. We had anticipated a show no earlier than 2. So a mad rush to shower, eat breakfast ensured. I managed to get ready in 30 minutes (record time). We were parked at seated by 12:45. Yay us! It was a fabulous show. I recommend it to everyone. The Pantages theatre is beautiful. We plan to see Wicked in February or March. After the show we were starved so we walked to the Old Spaghetti Factory. We had appetizers and drinks at the bar while we waited. Good food. By the end of dinner we were done for the night, but had to do some quick Target and Best Buy runs. The remainder of the night was watching TV and dozing drunk on food.

I have today off work and will be driving home after I meet Alan for lunch. Great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home