Monday, September 26, 2005

Manic Monday

So today at work was interesting....I didn't have a particularily bad day, but you know that it's not going to be a great day when you're greeted by people already pissed off. We had 6 admits on Thursday and 8 from Friday through Sunday. Low and behold we're still short staffed. Not a single person was scheduled for under 400 minutes (there are 480 in a day). Today we were short 2 PT's and an OT and our boss decided to go on vacation for 10 days and no one knew about it, so then David had to go to all the meetings so we were down another 1/2 staff member. I was scheduled for 470 minutes today. I managed to get 485 done in 480 due to the magic of groups and modalities. The schedulers were going mad trying to rearrange to get everyone treated. Poor David came back from vacation today and you could already see the tension in his face. We tried to call for help from other facilities, because we help them out, and all we got was call registry or work overtime. So that pissed more people off. My day went smoothly because I was in a I-don't-care mood today. I just did it as fast as possible to go home. I can't wait to go to the joy of work for the rest of the week! Tomorrow thus far I'm scheduled for 425, which will be a breeze after today. However, the night is young, and who knows how many admits we'll have. I can't wait for my 3rd vacation this year that's just around the corner!

2 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad they don't pay you by the minute :)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger amanda said...

that would rock on some days. although i would ask for a stipulation for slow days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home