Sunday, August 14, 2005

These boots were made for walking...

Yesterday I went hiking in Sequoia at Redwood Canyon. To get to the trailhead you have to drive down a very narrow dirt road down into the canyon. There are 3 loop trails at the trailhead. There is 2 6-mile trails or a combination trail that is 10 miles. There is also a 2.5 mile dead end trail that takes you deep into the forest. I chose to check out the 10 mile loop and the dead end trail. Because I had a late start, I had to really haul to get through all 15 miles. My left knee is pretty sore today, but I'll survive. The trip was worthwhile. The forest was beautiful. I ran into 2 bears on the trail. Luckily, they left the trail without incidence. One of the bears I scared so badly that he took off running. I also saw a young buck on the trail. It was a great day. Pics are here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home