Monday, February 11, 2008

Some recent events....

I found out that I will be going to Palo Alto, CA (south of San Francisco and west of San Jose) for my intership. I start the day after Easter and end June 5. Two other classmates are going too. We are trying to get into a house with 3 bedrooms while we're there. $900 a month each (blah). Good news--we get paid $500 a week for 10 weeks. Yay! I'll have a week off from school before I have to move.

The other day 2 of the student with low vision were late showing up to class (like 20 minutes late). The teacher asked them where they were. They said they were in the bathroom putting on makeup because they had to look good. C- piped up, "Why? No one in here can see you anyway!" BURN!!

Student teaching is slowing down for me. Because I'm at a year round school, the kids are split into 'tracks' A, B, and C. Only 2 tracks are in session at a time. Right now B and C are in session and A is on break and intersession (summer school, but not summer school because it's not summer! Confused yet?) Most of my kids at this school are on A track. We're teaching them during intersession, but intersession is over soon (Friday). This entire quarter my master teacher has had me do more teaching than I'm supposed to do because I will be losing several hours of teaching for my last 3 weeks (oh darn!!). Last week was especially bad and I got behind. This week I have so much more time!! It's great! My goal is to get some of my final projects done now so I don't have to work on them in New York.

Speaking of New York...I go on a field trip to NYC soon. Yippee!

That's all. I'm tired. This 5 AM crap is for the birds. Next week is some sleeping in!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home