Monday, February 25, 2008

Being a professional is expensive

So this OT/O&M combo is going to be expensive. I'm hoping that I can land a job that will help cushion all the spending. I had to join another professional organization this month on top of my American Occupational Therapy Association renewal. I joined the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired today. It's only one of 2 or 3 I will probably join in the next year. By the time I'm all graduated and out of the grace periods that come with being a new grad, I'll be looking at a minimum of $1000 a year in professional organizations and licensures. Between Illinois, California, and Ohio OT licenses, AOTA, AERBVI, national O&M credential, CA and IL O&M credentials--it's gonna be expensive. Part of me says to let the CA stuff expire, but the plan is that Alan and I will be moving back to CA. When? No idea. But if I let me teaching credential in CA expire, who knows how much hassle it is to get it back. Here's to crossing my fingers that I can afford it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home