Sunday, June 12, 2005

We're hiking! WHEEEEE!

Team Nayked ventured outdoors this past weekend. Pat, Carrie, Will, Sarah, Bryan, Matt, and I went camping at Wawona in Yosemite. Terry and Elena stayed with us Friday night. Friday night was Spam and hot dogs on the fire and, of course, beer. Saturday we headed out early to tackle the Upper Yosemite falls. Lots of mosquitos on the trail this weekend. I think I got my first mosquito bites since living here. Matt and I continued to Eagle's Peak through snow pack and walking across streams on logs. We only lost the trail once because of snow pack, but some nice hikers pointed us in the right direction. We saw 2 deer standing on the trail. It was great to see some wildlife. No bear sightings, but there were some mountain lion tracks in the snow pack. I'm not really sore today. My calfs are uncomfortable and tight, but nothing that a little stretching won't cure in a couple days. Kudos to everyone for hiking this weekend and for making it to the top of the falls! Pics can be seen here and at Will's site You can probably expect pics from Bryan and Sarah and Matt soon.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, your photos look great. I had such a fun time. Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger amanda said...

the pleasure was all ours

 

Post a Comment

<< Home