Monday, June 06, 2005

Things that piss me off....

I'm sorry, but I think this ruling is just sickening to me. I will have no sympathy if one of the judges that made this decision ever needs medicinal marijuana for relief. It's not like doctors are just prescribing it to everyone. It's a last ditch effort. I had a patient once that was allergic to all forms of pain medication. And when I say ALL I am not exaggerating. She couldn't take morphine, acetaminophin, ibruprofin, aspirin, or codeine without an allergic reaction. Therefore, she can't take any over the counter meds such as tylenol, aspirin, aleve, motrin, etc. Nor could she take Vicodin, Oxycotin, Oxycodone, Tylenol 3, Darvocet, Percocet, etc. What the hell was she supposed to do when they amputated her leg? Just deal with it? I would like to cut off one of those judges legs and just tell them to walk it off or let them sit without pain meds when they have cancer causing gut wrenching pain rip through their body. These people aren't drug addicts anymore than any other patient on pain medications. I'm sorry, but morphine has more negative side effects than a little pot. Ok...I'm off my soap box now.

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Will said...

Damn right. I'd, however, go so far as to say we should legalize marijuana for everyone. That will further reduce the stigma that those who already are suffering have to endure (or had to endure) by using the "drug" as treatment. What are we going to do? Put sick people in prison? The war on drugs' new slogan: We're gonna win it one way or the other.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i totally agree that medical marijuana should be legalized, it should also be further studied and refined to make it as effective and safe as possible. However I would like to point out that the SC was simply enforcing congress's laws and that that is where change needs to happen.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger amanda said...

however, the SC i believe has the power to change/overthrow that law. hey runyon, you would know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home