Monday, October 29, 2007

Sad sight

After a very long day today, I came home about 8:30 PM. Sitting on the cement wall near where I parked was a young woman and a baby in a stroller. She looked very sad. She asked me if there was a shelter nearby. I told her I did not know, but give me a minute and I'd get inside and look for one on the internet. Alan and I searched for shelters, and found a 211 hotline to call. We found the information for the girl and went outside to find out more information. The woman and baby had moved further down the hill and were now joined by a young man. He avoided our gaze and didn't talk to us. We told the girl that there was a shelter downtown. She asked if we had the address. She assured us she had bus fare. We went inside and printed out the map and address and gave them $5. I hope that they make it there alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home