Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm mute

I have been sick since Friday. Friday afternoon I started with a sore throat, headache, and fever. The sore throat was so bad, I was taking Darvocet to relieve it so I could sleep. My fever broke on Saturday, and since I'd already bought tons of food for St. Paddy's Day dinner, Alan cooked for me. I slept on and off all day. Sunday I felt better, but was still exhausted. We slept in and went for lunch, a movie, then to Alan's mom's for a bit. We came back to the apartment, and I took a nap before going into work. Woke up with pink eye. Went to work to do the schedule, and get some eye drops. Took eye drops like it was my job, and went to bed. Woke up, and didn't feel too bad. Went to work. During the morning my throat hurt more and more, then I started to lose my voice. At lunch, Colleen bought me popsicles...I ate them like it was my job. I went home, and told everyone I'd be back to work on Wednesday. Tuesday I felt terrible, and slept a good portion of the day. Still no voice Tuesday night. No voice yesterday morning. Called in sick. Called doctor. Felt better in early afternoon, but still no voice. Doctor calls back and tells me it's a virus, keep drinking fluids and get plenty of rest. No voice last night. Woke up today with a sore throat worse than yesterday's. Other than the sore throat (and yes...still no voice), I felt ok. However, can't talk to patient's with no voice, and Monday I felt 'ok' when I went to work, then had a backslide. So the goal is, if I stay home today, I will get my voice back, and will go to work tomorrow. I am stir crazy. I went out to get my allergy shot and grab lunch, and am now tired, however, still can't stand to be in my house anymore. I don't want to go out anywhere so I don't get sicker, plus, going out most likely means I will talk to someone when I'm not supposed to be talking. Grrr. So long story endless...if you were expecting me to call you anytime soon, don't bet on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home