Monday, September 18, 2006

Wrapping it up!

Jon's 21st birthday was pretty uneventful. We went to his favorite wings place and he had a couple of beers. I had my first alcoholic drink since the Chris Plays Guitar show. Jon and I did a buttery nipple shot...very safe drink. After wings and football, the group ventured over to Friendly's for ice cream. Night ended fairly early.

Next night was the wedding. The ceremony was beautiful. Stephie and Justin got married at her parent's house in front of the pond under a gazebo of sorts. Not really a gazebo, but don't know what else to call it. There were flowers everywhere. Megan was a very studious flower girl. Too cute. The weather one of the few sunny days since I've been here. It was humid, but warm. The reception was at a German restaurant/dining hall. We had wienerschnitzel, German noodles, German wine...it was fantastic. The reception was a blast. Open bar, so all the bridal party was trashed. 3 bridesmaids on the floor, 3 on the tables. Groomsmen dropping their pants and splitting their pants. I drank my fair share of wine. It was very good, sweet, white German wine. I took a picture of the label with my phone since it was in German. Hoping to search online for it when I get back to cable internet. I had a chance to catch up with Sherri and April. That was great. Hoping to take Alan to Chicago in April to visit Sherri and go to Second City.

Today I went to Tiffin to see old co-workers and Jenn. Kim doesn't work there anymore and I really don't know how to get ahold of her. The email and phone numbers I have for her are old. Kim if you read this post a comment or email me please. I would love to catch up. Jenn, Olivia (Jenn's daughter), and I went to Bob Evans for dinner, the mall to shop, and then to Denny's for ice cream. It was a good visit.

Tomorrow I head to Ypsi to spend time with Courtney and her family. My parents are taking me up there and leaving me there. Courtney takes me to the airport on Wednesday. I won't be online after tomorrow morning until I get to Fresno. I didn't get to see Staci, Adam, and Austin. That makes me sad because they were on my list of people I wanted to see most. It didn't work out for many reasons. I hope to see them when Alan and I go to Chicago. It's tough coming back when everyone has work and the responsibilities of their lives. I didn't get to see Runyon either...next time!

On a brighter note! My downstairs neighbor moved out! I get to go home to a huge weight off my back. Let's hope the next person doesn't expect me to tip toe around them! But until then, I can live with so much less pressure. YAY!!

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would have loved to see you. Life sucks. The sore throat turned into SARS, so I missed work yesterday anyway.

Now I just have an excuse to come visit you guys in CA again.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I get to park anywhere I want - it's soooo awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home