Monday, June 12, 2006

I've been shot! (but not in a kitchen)

Today was my first day back on allergy shots. I'm not sure why, but I have 2 serums. Previously when on allergy shots, I had one serum. The procedure was twice a week for X number of weeks then at some point I switched to every other week. Now I have 2 serums. Both serums are given each time I go in (one in each arm). I get shots at least once a week, but have the option of going twice a week. The more often I get the shots, the faster I build up a resistence to the allergens. I am going to try to go twice a week as much as possible. The hours are reasonable. I can easily go any night after work. The nurse giving the shot recommended allowing a day inbetween visits until my body is used to them. Next time I need to ask which serum is which. The one they gave me in the left arm is fine. The one in the right arm itches like mad. Hopefully that will get better. Today is Monday, so I'll either go Wednesday or Thursday after work to get my shots. Going Thursday will get me into LA later, but I will have less traffic to deal with. We'll see how the cleaning and prepping for the family goes. If this post seems loosely strung together, it's because you are getting a glimpse of my train of thought...mmm i want ice cream.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Will said...

haahha ... love the headline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home