Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Reflective

I was inputting an observation appointment for next week in my phone, and saw I had something in my calendar for Friday. I looked it up and realized I was supposed to go for a long weekend backpacking this weekend. I had decided weeks ago that it isn't feasible to go, and after a period of grieving over that decision, I pushed it out of my mind. But there it was, reminding me that I'm missing out on something I love. It made me jealous that Team Nayked will go backpacking or camping without me. I love the upper Sierras and miss them terribly. I miss waterfalls. I miss bright blue sky, crystal clear water, and the majesty of the mountains. I miss the peacefulness and beauty. It'll probably be a long time before I enjoy them again. I love school and the challenges that come with it, but I miss the mountains. I also know I may never live near the mountains again. All I have to look forward to are a few short trips every once in a blue moon. Don't get me wrong, I look forward to my new experiences in the city and with Alan, but letting go of what was a big part of my life is hard. My life is evolving into a new chapter full of different kinds of adventures. So now I'm going to work on my study guide for my exam tomorrow night, and forget about the mountains.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a gutsy gal, first you got in your car and drove across the country all by yourself, then you dropped all that and started something totally different. glad your enjoying what your doing. i have to admitt i'm glad I haven't had to give up the sierras yet - they're pretty damn awesome. but so are lots of other things in other places.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home